Obstetrics and Gynecology
Campus Explorer Widget
|Fill out this form to request course information from just one program, or several.|
Before making decisions about your future, compare programs carefully. Think about what career is best suited for you, and where you want to study. Request more information now.
Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery
• Non-invasive, comprehensive first trimester evaluation for risk of aneuploidies and other anomalies (nuchal
translucency and blood testing)
• Genetic ultrasound
• 11-14 weeks early fetal anomaly scans using high-frequency 2D and 3D transducers
• Early second and third trimester fetal structural evaluation
• 2D/3D evaluation of the fetal brain (fetal neuroscan)
• First and early second trimester evaluation of multifetal pregnancies
• Evaluation of the cervix in pregnancy
• 3D evaluation of fetal anomalies (special brochure available)
• Biophysical profile
• Doppler evaluation of fetal well being (umbilical artery, ductus venosus, middle cerebral artery, etc.)
Ultrasound Guided Obstetrical Procedures
• Amniocentesis of singleton and multifetal pregnancies*
• Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) of singleton and multifetal pregnancies (transcervical as well as transabdominal)
• Multifetal pregnancy reduction (special brochure available)
• Guidance for obstetrical procedures: PUBS, amnio-reduction, cord occlusion in twins, etc.
• Fetal muscle or liver biopsies
• Fetal shunt placements
• Genetic counseling by certified genetic counselors for patients whose fetuses have chromosomal anomalies and
anatomic malformations and for multifetal pregnancy reduction
• Second opinion for sonographically detected obstetrical anomalies
• Maternal-Fetal Medicine (Perinatology) consultations
Gynecological Ultrasound Services
• Screening and detection of ovarian and endometrial cancer
• Color Doppler and 3D evaluation of ovarian masses
• 2D/3D evaluation of uterine and vaginal anomalies (special brochure available)
• Saline infusion sonohysterography (SIS) to evaluate the uterine cavity and endometrium using 3D ultrasound
• Anal sphincter evaluation of fecal incontinence using 3D ultrasound
• 3D evaluation of pelvic floor (levator tear, prolapse, etc.)
• Evaluation of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
• Evaluation of ectopic pregnancies
• Evaluation of patients with infertility
Ultrasound Guided Gynecological Procedures
• Puncture and drainage of simple ovarian cysts
• Puncture and drainage of cul-de-sac fluid (diagnostic, peritoneal inclusion cysts, etc.)
• Puncture and injection of unruptured, live cervical, cornual and tubal gestations. (We are recognized experts in this
field with extensive experience and numerous publications)
• Puncture biopsy of suspected gynecologic cancer recurrences
Comprehensive evaluation and care for women and men in all stages of infertility. Services include the ful range of
Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART), including non-donor and donor In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), Intrauterine
(artificial) Insemination, Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis and Screening, Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
and more. With excellent pregnancy rates, an onsite wellness program and dedicated research laboratories.
In some cases, determining the source of infertility is the hardest part of treatment. 40% of infertility cases are caused
by female issues, 40% are caused by male issues and the other 20% are the result of two or more issues that affect
both the man and the woman. Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) are sometimes the most appropriate initial treatment method. Other times they are used after other treatments fail.
This common treatment uses oral and/or injectable medications to improve the likelihood of fertilization.
Intrauterine (Artificial) Insemination (IUI)
This procedure involves placing a sperm sample that has been "washed" directly into a woman's uterus near the time of
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
The most common type of ART, IVF most often involves the use of hormones to stimulate the female's ovaries to
produce multiple follicles, containing the eggs. The eggs are removed from the ripened follicles and transferred to a
special media in a laboratory dish, where sperm are introduced to aid fertilization. If fertilization occurs and viable
embryos are produced, a limited number are transferred directly into the uterus to promote implantation and
pregnancy. Technology, experience and clinical skill are keys to successful IVF. Our physicians, nurses, embryologists and
laboratory staff have earned world-wide reputations for their knowledge and expertise.
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis and Screening
This procedure is used in conjunction with embryo biopsy to examine a single cell from a multi-celled embryo and screen
for disorders such as hemophilia, cystic fibrosis, and Marfan's Disease - all prior to embryo transfer.
Cryopreservation of Eggs, Sperm and Embryos
By freezing sperm and embryos in appropriate cases, we can help simplify and lower the cost of future IVF cycles. Our
lab is equipped with the latest technology for cryopreservation and storage, and we were one of the first clinics in New
York City to establish an Egg Freezing Program. Patients can also transfer frozen specimens to our facility.
Our skilled physicians can perform a variety of tests to help determine a specific reason for your recurring miscarriages.
Third-Party Reproduction: Donor Eggs, Sperm and Gestational Carriers
As a result of disease, genetic abnormalities, the absence of ovaries, ovarian failure or age, some women are unable to
produce healthy eggs. In these cases, IVF can be an option if oocytes are obtained from known or recruited donors. Our
oocyte donors are carefully screened and matched to your requirements as part of our New York State-licensed
program. We can also help you access the same quality services when donor sperm is required or when you need the
assistance of a gestational carrier.
Surgical Options for Women
Insemination or IVF may not be necessary for all patients. Alternatively, surgery may be recommend prior to other
fertility treatments. We offer the latest endoscopic techniques and procedures, including Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy,
Tubal Reversal, Hydrosalpinx Removal, and Tubal Cannulation.
Many male infertility cases can be corrected with surgical treatments such as Testicular Biopsy, Vasectomy Reversal,
Epididymal Repair, Microsurgical Sperm Aspiration (MESA and TESE), and Variocele Repair. We have urologists on staff
who are highly qualified to perform these procedures when necessary. Patients must undergo basic testing prior to
initiating fertility-enhancing treatment.